About Me

Diagnosed at the age of 46, in July 2009 with stage IIc ovarian cancer , following a total hysterectomy and oopherectomy and having completed six cycles of chemotherapy, life now has to return to normality!

Sunday 2 May 2010

In the Garden

I managed to get into the garden yesterday and today - although today was really cold brrr.  It's really my darling's garden as he designed, tends and cares for it.  It is really very lovely and he quite rightly is very proud of how it looks.

We found a new garden shop today and bought a new windmill palm - I'll get him to take some photos so you can looksee for yourselves - it's about 4ft tall and a very fine specimen.  I'm planning the patio pots and baskets at the moment and am thinking in terms of pretty pastels or cool whites and greens.  I'm thinking of growing some potatoes in a old dustbin too something new but I'm quite excited at the thought of home grown pots!  I planted some lettuce and I want to get some tomatoes to grow in a hanging basket I don't trust Fred with anything remotely edible at dog level.

Tomorrow off to the Cotswolds for a bit of fresh air and a yomp through the countryside.  Can't wait.

Think that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment