About Me

Diagnosed at the age of 46, in July 2009 with stage IIc ovarian cancer , following a total hysterectomy and oopherectomy and having completed six cycles of chemotherapy, life now has to return to normality!

Friday 30 April 2010

Good Day

I've just come back from spending a lovely day with the best sister in the world who informed me I'm going to be a Great Aunt - not that I haven't been a fantastic aunt to her two lovely children - but a proper Great Aunt.  This caused us great hilarity as she is going to be a Grandma (hee hee).  She is very vain about how young she looks and it's quite shocking to think she's going to be a Grandma.  I think Granny will suit her best as she is a bit McFee ish or should that be Nanny! It is great to have happy happy news.  Anyway I now have to decide on my official title with this new offspring ......

We enjoyed a lovely walk in the sunshine with Fred who is learning to walk well on his lead - but is still so much of a woss when it comes to other doggy types and then had a very healthy lunch followed by a very unhealthy pudding - but a little bit of what you fancy always does you good.

Hoping to have a weekend in the garden even if it means dodging the showers - it is April after all.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Great Aunt Shaky... Sounds like you've had a great time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey - that's a good name - my shoulder shake when I giggle - hence the name on the blog so Great Aunt Shaky sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete