About Me

Diagnosed at the age of 46, in July 2009 with stage IIc ovarian cancer , following a total hysterectomy and oopherectomy and having completed six cycles of chemotherapy, life now has to return to normality!

Sunday 6 June 2010

Uptight and Snappy

I'm sort of pleased this weekend is over - only two days until my second three month check - that will make six months out of chemo.  And yet, in the same breath I don't want to know, unless that is it's the news I want.  It's so close to the anniversary of my diagnosis that it all feels fairly horrible and I really don't want another summer like last year's.  Oh how these thoughts tumble and tangle round and around my poor achy head.  Plan A for this, Plan B for that, I know it will only tell me what's already there or not as the case may be.    My poor family having to put up with such an uptight and snappy person.

Oh, and I've got an appointment tomorrow to get some advice about my employment issues so it looks like a fun filled week - lucky me.

1 comment:

  1. hey you - it'll be ok. I know exactly what you mean, but don't worry, it DOES get better [hard to imagine I know]. Each time a check up goes by and everything is fine, it gets a little easier. It's always a bit fraught, but it gets LESS so.

    hugs babe - hang in there. Eat lots of chocolate or drink lots of wine ;o)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete