About Me

Diagnosed at the age of 46, in July 2009 with stage IIc ovarian cancer , following a total hysterectomy and oopherectomy and having completed six cycles of chemotherapy, life now has to return to normality!

Wednesday 21 April 2010

How Rude Can They Get?

Just a quick get it off my chest moment coming up - if you are of weak disposition stop reading now.

Having braved the moment when I removed my wig to show off to the world my newly grown crop of hair why do some people think it's okay to make rude comments about not needing a fiver for a haircut or skinhead or just gawping open mouthed at me!  I haven't done short hair since I was seven and it's certainly not a look I'd choose but bloody chemo leaves you with no choices arghhhhh!

I'm seriously tempted to get a teeshirt printed with I've had Cancer what's your problem?

My husband has witnessed some of this so I know it's not my overactive imagination and is very protective and I'm getting a bit concerned he might actually punch the next person who dares even to look my way!

Perhaps I should train Fred to growl ferociously at the rude ones - now there's a thought.

3 comments:

  1. I remember the feeling well of letting my hair get an airing. the wind in my fine curls felt weird but fun.
    A little boy said to his mum" why has that man over there got boobs" little git, i felt like slapping him..
    You'll have a wonderful time experimenting with new hairstyles as it grows back too.
    Take photo's of each different stage of growth.. i have an album full of weird and wonderful styles hehehe
    hang in there girlie and keep smiling xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea - I could post a few of them for everyone to have a giggle at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ehehehe - just came a cross this post today - made me chuckle. Funnily enough I didn't have any problem - but maybe I looked that grouchy that people were too scared to stare?? ;o)

    and your hair looks nice now!!
    x

    PS: Tracey - can't imagine YOU ever slapping someone!

    ReplyDelete